He Geek She Geek and Quizzing North America, hosts of the 5th Annual Trivia Championships of North America, are teaming up this summer to bring you a new feature: The Weekly Geekly Trivia Contest! All you need to is email your answers to all the trivia questions below to HeGeekSheGeek@Gmail.com.
If you get them all correct, you’ll be added to the Trivia Geek pool, from which we’ll choose one winner at random each week. Winners will receive a Trivia Championships of North America t-shirt and poster, as well as the adulation of HGSG!
Send your answers (in order), shirt size, and continental U.S. mailing address by July 16, 2015 11:59pm CST to: HeGeekSheGeek@Gmail.com.
1. What historical figure does the Tenth Doctor marry in the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special?
2. Whose “Mawiage” to Princess Buttercup “bwings us togetha” in The Princess Bride?
3. What Marvel Comics series in 2012 featured the first ever gay wedding in superhero comics, between Northstar and his longtime boyfriend Kyle?
4. Aside from the officiant, who are the only two witnesses to Anakin and Padme’s secret wedding in Star Wars: Episode II?
5. In what James Bond film does 007 finally get married, only to have his bride taken from him moments later by Bond’s nemesis Blofeld?
6. Who was the best man at the wedding of Harry Potter’s parents?
7. Lacking a wedding dress, what costume does Liz Lemon use as a substitute in her wedding to Criss Chros on 30 Rock?
8. In the third season of Game of Thrones, who stabs Robb Stark at his cousin’s wedding, along with the send-off “The Lannisters send their regards”?
9. Before having the wedding derailed by mystical intervention (of course), what was the name of the demon that Xander was set to marry on Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
10. What Hugo Award winning novelist, comic-book writer and all around geek idol is married to the musician Amanda Palmer?
Are these questions not enough for you? Prove your trivia worth and register for TCONA5 coming up in Las Vegas this Aug. 7-9!
Congratulations to the winner of week three! Here are the answers to last week’s quiz:
- Pumping Iron
- Lead pipe