He Geek She Geek and Quizzing North America, hosts of the 5th Annual Trivia Championships of North America, are teaming up this summer to bring you a new feature: The Weekly Geekly Trivia Contest!All you need to is email your answers to all the trivia questions below to HeGeekSheGeek@Gmail.com.
If you get them all correct, you’ll be added to the Trivia Geek pool, from which we’ll choose one winner at random each week. Winners will receive a Trivia Championships of North America t-shirt and poster, as well as the adulation of HGSG!
Send your answers (in order), shirt size, and continental U.S. mailing address by July 31, 2015 11:59pm CST to: HeGeekSheGeek@Gmail.com.
1. What artist painted more than 36 self-portraits between 1886 and 1889, including some that he painted in a mental hospital shortly before he died?
2. What former bacon salesman and self-confidence builder became known for teaching Americans how to “win friends and influence people”?
3. Name the mustachioed TV host who, in 2013, tweeted “70 is the new 50!” along with a selfie of his toned torso.
4. A couple of years ago, Luca Parmitano tweeted what he said was the best selfie he’d ever taken. Where was he when he took it?
5. The self-published megahit Fifty Shades of Grey features what protagonist, played in the film version by Dakota Johnson?
6. Because he’s all cultured, Eminem took a selfie in front of the Mona Lisa at what museum, its permanent home?
7. What classic TV series began each episode with an assignment that was delivered on a tape set to “self-destruct in five seconds”?
8. Sigmund Freud divided the psychological “self” into three parts: the Ego, the Superego and what component that represents basic human needs?
9. This week, in Asuncion, Paraguay, a driver made international headlines when he took a selfie of himself behind the wheel with what famous figure?
10. What video,directed by David Fincher, has Madonna in a pinstripe suit and a monocle singing, “Don’t go for second best…put your love to the test”?
Are these questions not enough for you? Prove your trivia worth and register for TCONA5 coming up in Las Vegas this Aug. 7-9!
Congratulations to the winner of week four, Nalin Kashyap! Here are the answers to last week’s quiz:
- Discovery Channel
- Hunter S. Thompson
- Mack the Knife
- Paul Newman
- Greg Norman
- Peter Benchley
- Ham Shark
- West Side Story
- San Jose